Monday, November 2, 2015

Not one more than the other

I've been thinking. I've been thinking about a great many things. 

It's also possible that I have been thinking about the same thing over and over. I recently started attending Sunday service at Church again. I have not consistently attended Church for about 2 years now. Nothing chased me and I always said I knew I'd go back. I was just on a journey that did not at the moment involve Sunday church service. I host a radio show on Sunday mornings which runs from 8-10am and I dash off to Church there after. I never expect to make it in time for the opening song. I'm always just grateful to not end up in the overflow even. I was lucky this Sunday, It is my second Sunday back and late as I was, I ended up front and centre where the guest pastors usually sit

Yup, that was on the seat I occupied

Anyway, I was thinking about something my friend Joel said sometime back at Monday night fellowship; about how God does not prefer one sin over the other. How he hates all of them the same. It was a wow moment for me. Grace does not mean that God made it okay for us to act certain ways, Grace means we are protected from the punishment of individual problems when the problem is in fact the nature of the man. God knows that. God sent Christ to remedy that. Bring about the death of one man so that another man can live.

In my previous post, I talked about how God gave us grace for more, much much more than escaping punishment.However, I often wondered how he felt about all these things. If there were some that he regarded as I did, worse than others or unforgivable. I'm learning that according to God, there is Christ and there is other than Christ. The dimensions through which he views us. Even when it comes to our hearts, thoughts, intents and actions, it is either Christ or other than Christ.

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heartHebrews 4:12-13New International Version (NIV) [Emphasis mine]
The point that I am trying to make even though my head seems all over the place, it is about Christ. Focus on Christ because he's the real deal. It is not that God has given me a green light to go ahead and do whatever because He still hates all sin the same. He is instead calling me to focus on the new man, Christ. To see as He sees. It is either Christ or other than Christ. It is either life or death. Focus on what I'm "allowed" or "not allowed" to do just keeps me stuck on the wrong thing. 

I need to choose life, and keep choosing Him always.

No comments:

Post a Comment